Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
Every Mac with a Mini DisplayPort allows you to connect an external display or projector using an adapter. You can use an external display as your main workspace or to extend your desktop, or you can work in mirrored mode with a projector so you can view what your audience sees.
Use the Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter to connect an advanced digital monitor, such as the 20- or 23-inch Apple Cinema Display, that includes a DVI connector. Review the documentation or check with the manufacturer of your monitor to make sure you're choosing the right adapter.
Compatible with Mac computers with Mini DisplayPort and Thunderbolt ports
- MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015 - 2017)
- MacBook Air (11-inch, Early 2015)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012 - 2015)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2012 - 2015)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, Late 2015)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014 - 2015)
- Mac Pro (Late 2013)
- Mac mini (Late 2014)
Answers from the community
Is this cable compatible with Macbook Air 2017?
No answers yet
- Asked by Hew Tung K from Puchong
- on 30 Mar 2020
where is the mini display port on my MacBook Pro
- Asked by Anonymous A
- on 10 Mar 2011
If you have a newer Macbook Pro, the mini display port is actually the Thunderbolt port. You can plu If you have a newer Macbook Pro, the mini display port is actually the Thunderbolt port. You can plug any mini display port connector into the Thunderbolt port.
- Answered by Jason S from Waverley
- on 20 Jun 2011
Is this Mini DisplayPort 1.1, 1.2 or 1.3-compatible? Also, is its output DVI-I or DVI-D and is it single or dual-link?
- Asked by Patrick C from London
- on 1 Feb 2015
1.2, Single, DVI-D
- Answered by Soroush F from Salt Lake City
- on 26 Feb 2015