Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit
With the iPad Camera Connection Kit, it's incredibly easy to download photos and videos from your digital camera to your iPad so you can view them on the gorgeous iPad display and share them with family and friends.
The kit includes two connectors, each with a different interface:
- The Camera Connector features a USB interface. Just plug it into the dock connector port on your iPad, then attach your digital camera or iPhone using a USB cable (not included). iPhone 3G is not supported.
- Use the SD Card Reader to import photos and videos directly from your camera's SD card. Connect it to your iPad, then insert your digital camera's SD card into the slot.
After you make the connection, your iPad automatically opens the Photos app, which lets you choose which photos and videos to import, then organises them into albums. When you sync iPad to your PC or Mac, the photos and videos on your iPad are added to your computer's photo library.
What’s in the Box
SD Card Reader
iPad and the Camera Connection Kit support standard photo formats, including JPEG and RAW, along with SD and HD video formats, including H.264 and MPEG-4.
Answers from the community
Can you use the Lightning adaptor with the 30 pin camera kit to import to iPad Air/iPhone 5s and if so how?
- Asked by Jenny D from Perth
- on 7 Nov 2015
My same set up will only work if I do a press and hold and slide to power off. After restarting come My same set up will only work if I do a press and hold and slide to power off. After restarting comes on screen comes on, turn off and insert adapters with SD card and turn device on photos will then import. It’s aggravating but it works on my iPad Air2. Most of the time this technique works but sometimes it doesn’t and I start over again with the same steps.
- Answered by Charles M from Livonia
- on 25 Dec 2017
Does this allow two way transfer TO as well as FROM a USB device?
- Asked by Anonymous A from XXXXXXXXXX
- on 13 May 2010
simple answer: no
- Answered by Anonymous A
- on 31 Aug 2010
Can these work on an iPhone 4S in IOS 9.3.5
No answers yet
- Asked by Michael Angelo T from Matina
- on 9 Jun 2018
Does the USB addator connect with Canon 50D? Is it possible to upload the photos from the camera to facebook through iPad?
- Asked by Anonymous A from XX
- on 18 Oct 2010
Import Sony *.ARW format?
- Asked by Anonymous A from XXXX
- on 10 Jun 2010
I can also confirm that yesterday I imported a number of compressed RAW (cRAW) files from my Sony Al I can also confirm that yesterday I imported a number of compressed RAW (cRAW) files from my Sony Alpha A700 into iPad flawlessly.
It's a shame this product doesn't just take the Compact Flash card rather than having to connect (and power) the camera. Ho hum, I'm happy enough that I have validated my (otherwise lame) excuses to invest in the iPad
- Answered by Anonymous A from XXXXXXXXXXX
- on 3 Aug 2010