Apple USB SuperDrive
The sleek, compact USB SuperDrive.
Everything you need in an optical drive.
Whether you’re at the office or on the road, you can play and burn both CDs and DVDs with the Apple USB SuperDrive. It’s perfect when you want to watch a DVD, install software, create backup discs and more.
Take it anywhere.
Only slightly bigger than a CD case, the Apple USB SuperDrive slips easily into your travel bag when you hit the road, and takes up little space on your desk or tray table when you’re working.
The essence of simplicity.
You’ll never have to worry about lost cables with the Apple USB SuperDrive. It connects to your Mac* with a single USB Type-A cable that’s built into the SuperDrive. There’s no separate power adapter, and it works whether your Mac is plugged in or running on battery power.
What’s in the Box
Apple USB SuperDrive with attached USB Type-A Connector cable
17 mm / 0.67 inches
139 mm / 5.47 inches
139 mm / 5.47 inches
335 grams / 0.74 pounds
Compatible with the following computers:
*The Apple USB SuperDrive is compatible with Mac models from 2008 and later that don't have a built-in optical drive.
*MacBook, MacBook Air and MacBook Pro models with USB-C ports require a USB-C to USB adapter (sold separately) to use Apple USB SuperDrive.
- MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015 - 2017)
- MacBook Air (11-inch, Early 2015)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012 - 2015)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2012 - 2015)
- MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015 - 2017)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2019)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, Late 2015)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014 - 2015)
- iMac Pro (2017 and later)
- Mac Pro (2019)
- Mac Pro (Late 2013)
- Mac mini (2018 and later)
- Mac mini (Late 2014)
Answers from the community
can i put a home dvd movie in my super drive and convert it to digital form on my mac computer
- Asked by Kannan C from Balwyn North
- on 7 Apr 2020
Can I record blu-ray discs with the Apple USB SuperDrive? If not, does Apple sell a drive that records double-sided blu-ray discs?
- Asked by Vincent C from New York
- on 16 Apr 2020
No. It can neither record nor play blu-ray disks. Apple does not sell a blu-ray compatible drive. Th No. It can neither record nor play blu-ray disks. Apple does not sell a blu-ray compatible drive. There are MacOS compatible, blu-ray drives available commercially.
- Answered by Gregory M from Gambrills
- on 24 Apr 2020
Is this compatible with MacBook Pro (15 inch mid 2009)?
- Asked by Karen K from Quitman
- on 26 Mar 2020
This machine has built in DVD drive, you cannot use this USB external DVD drive.
- Answered by Phillip S from Kitchener
- on 23 Apr 2020
Will this allow me to transfer my photos on cds to my I Mac?
- Asked by catherine k T from Skowhegan
- on 2 Feb 2020
can apple superdrive be used to import CD to itunes on iMac 2017
- Asked by William D from Cambridge
- on 5 Jun 2018
- Answered by Elliott C from Warwick
- on 20 Jun 2018