USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter
The USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter lets you connect your USB-C-enabled Mac or iPad Pro to an HDMI display, while also connecting a standard USB device and a USB-C charging cable.
This adapter allows you to mirror your Mac display to your HDMI-enabled TV or display.
3840x2160 at 60Hz on:
iPad Pro 11-inch, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd Generation), MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017 and later), iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017 and later), iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017 and later) and iMac Pro (2018)
1080p at 60Hz or UHD (3840x2160) at 30Hz on:
MacBook Air (2018), MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016 and later), MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016), iMac (non-Retina, 21.5‑inch, 2017) and Mac mini (2018)
Simply connect the adapter to a USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) port on your Mac or iPad Pro and then to your TV or projector via an HDMI cable (sold separately).
Use the standard USB port to connect devices such as your flash drive or camera or a USB cable for syncing and charging your iOS devices. You can also connect a charging cable to the USB-C port to charge your Mac or iPad Pro.
What’s in the Box
Apple USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter
macOS Mojave 10.14.6 or later; iOS 12.4 or later
Requires an HDMI cable (sold separately) for connection to your TV or projector. Supports both video and audio output.
- MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015 - 2017)
- MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2018 and later)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016 and later)
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016 - 2019)
- MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2019)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)
- iMac Pro (2017 and later)
- Mac Pro (2019)
- Mac mini (2018)
Answers from the community
Does this support 4K at 60Hz for Macbook Air 2019?
- Asked by Esther K from LANGLEY
- on 4 Feb 2020
Can I connect other USBC devices to the port or is this only to pass power?
- Asked by Wayne W from Dallas
- on 7 Jan 2020
As far as my experience has gone this only passes power. If you plug in other items you are No.
As far as my experience has gone this only passes power. If you plug in other items you are likely to burn them out (has happened to me)
- Answered by Mark D from Greenwich
- on 10 Jan 2020
Will I be able to watch Netflix and other streaming services I access on my ipad using this adapter?
- Asked by Jennifer K from Cambridge
- on 13 Dec 2019
Yes, your iPad screen will be mirrored in your TV with this adapter when you connect a HDMI cable.
- Answered by Cesar A from Bogota
- on 24 Dec 2019