I have old Pioneer Plasma tv with no HDMI slot but my cable box has HDMI slot. Will Apple TV work on my plasma if connected to cable box HDMI slot?
1 Answer from the Community
Most likely not, because the hdmi ports on your cable box are used to connect a TV to the box to play the content coming through the box from your cable company. These are called output ports and are usually labeled HDMI OUT or just HDMI 1, 2, etc. If any of the HDMI port on your cable box are labeled HDMI IN, then they would be used to route an HD signal from, let’s say, a DVD player through your cable box to your TV.
If your old Pioneer plasma TV is the type that connects to its own media center box, so that you don’t have to go behind the TV display unit every time you want to change or add a new an input device, then you can connect the Apple TV to one of the Pioneer’s HDMI IN slots on the back of the media center. I hope this helps.
- Answered by Tom S from San Diego
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
What Hdmi Cable do i need to use? i want to i connect my Sony bravia x800E to apple tv 4G.
- Asked by Kiran K from Hyderabad
- Flag as inappropriate (What Hdmi Cable do i need to use? i want to i connect my Sony bravia x800E to apple tv 4G.)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
What cable do i need to hook up airport extreme to apple tv?
- Asked by Jessi G from Colorado Springs
- Flag as inappropriate (What cable do i need to hook up airport extreme to apple tv?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme
Does this remote work for apple tv?
- Asked by Brynn K from Langley
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this remote work for apple tv?)
- Asked about: Apple Remote
No answers yet