setup new apple tv remote
I lost my original apple TV remote and bought a new one to replace it but I can’t set up the new one because it’s not activated yet. My apple TV is not yet connected to my iphone so I have no way of controlling the Tv.
- Asked by Jessica N from Taylors Lakes
- Flag as inappropriate (setup new apple tv remote)
1 Answer from the Community
Apple tv remote work on Bluetooth Technology.
If your Apple tv Connected to WIFI, connect your iPhone to the same WIF and use the iPhone remote.
Try below way to pair remote....
1. When apple TV switched on Press the Middle of the touch pad (Aluminum Model Remote) and give a single click.
2. Point your remote three inches away from your Apple TV. Then press and hold your remote's Menu and Volume Up buttons for five seconds. If asked, place your remote on top of Apple TV to complete pairing.
If these not worked. Try this
3.Simultaneously press the Menu and Volume Up buttons. Hold for 2-3 seconds. Your remote should reset and return to pairing mode.
- Answered by Murugaiah B from Jaffna
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
How long does the new Apple TV remote stay charged?
- Asked by Joe D from Germantown
- Flag as inappropriate (How long does the new Apple TV remote stay charged?)
- Asked about: Innovelis TotalMount Pro Mounting S…
How do I know if my television set is compatible with Apple TV?
- Asked by Shilpa M from Mumbai
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I know if my television set is compatible with Apple TV?)