Can I get HomePod to select music from iCloud
I want HomePod to play songs I request from iCloud rather than from my paired iPhone which has far less capacity for songs
4 Answers from the Community
I don't yet have Apple Music, but have a huge collection available in the Cloud, and it plays music I didn't even know I owned. It's probably all there on my Mac in iTunes, but if you just say "Hey Siri, play music" it will randomly play everything in your collection if you leave it on long enough, as long as that music is all in the Cloud.
- Answered by Michael M from Atlanta
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes, if you have iCloud Music Library on with Apple Music or iTunes Match
- Answered by Andrew R
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
The Now Playing screen on your iPhone has an option to select the source output. HomePod will appear as a separate tile here. Tap that to select music for HomePod to play directly from the internet, rather than from your phone.
- Answered by Lenny T from Toronto
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
If you have an Apple Music subscription, yes. You can ask it to play pretty much anything.
- Answered by James B
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Can I play music on two HomePods?
- Asked by Nicholas G from Gulf Breeze
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I play music on two HomePods?)
how does HomePod play music
- Asked by Paul Q from Orlando
- Flag as inappropriate (how does HomePod play music)