Can I use my private iTunes library on the HomePod?
I have over 500 Gb of music stored in my iTunes library on an external hard drive. Can this be played through the HomePod without having to jump through a bunch of hoops such as a separate phone app other than the Apple app. And if so can the songs be changed from the app?
- Asked by fn from Woodbury
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use my private iTunes library on the HomePod?)
1 Answer from the Community
Yes, it can, but you must complete “iTunes Match” first, so that your music is available in the cloud. Once you have done that, and the HomePod(s) are linked to the same Apple account as the iTunes Match, Siri can access your entire library and you can ask Siri to play certain songs, certain albums, to shuffle all songs, or songs of a specific genre, or a specific artist as well as any of your playlists. It’s really great!
- Answered by Kenneth E from Gloucester
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I use HomePod in Czechia?
- Asked by Arsen H from Brooklyn
- 9 Jul 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use HomePod in Czechia?)
Can I use HomePod to turn on and off my Mac Pro ?
- Asked by Kenneth C
- 19 Aug 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use HomePod to turn on and off my Mac Pro ?)