can i connect my video cam to my iMac using thunderbolt?
I am trying to upload videos from my DV to my iMac - am not sure if this device is thunderbolt compatible. what cable should i use? tx!
- Asked by James S from Petaling Jaya
- Flag as inappropriate (can i connect my video cam to my iMac using thunderbolt?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Cable (2m) - Whit…
2 Answers from the Community
Yes you can. Set up depends on which camera. For an older Sony Digital 8 Handycam, I plugged in a 4-pin to 9-pin Gigawire (from Radio Shack) to the DV in/out on the camera. Then I attached an Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire adapter to that cable, and plugged into the Thunderbolt in back of the iMac. iMovie recognized the camera. The Mac could not control the camera, but that was no big deal.
- Answered by William T from Las Vegas
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Since your camera doesn't have thunderbolt no it can not. Use USB or FireWire
- Answered by Kevin G from Kamloops
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Will this adapter allow me to connect my sony handy cam 4pin firewire cable to transfer video?
- Asked by Henry J from Fort Mill
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter allow me to connect my sony handy cam 4pin firewire cable to transfer video?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter