1 Answer from the Community
What ports do the MacBook have? If it is one with Thunderbolt 3, you may want to buy a Thunderbolt 3 cord and a USB-C 65W Power adapter. If it is a MagSafe 2 or 1, you may want to buy another new power adapter that comes with the cord. It is impossible to hook a MacBook with USB-C to a 12W USB charger, as the output is too small for a charge. I would recommend the cords and power adapter from Apple ONLY, as they are the only one that have the right dimensions of the plug for your laptop and provides solid qualified accessories.
- Answered by Xavier J from Kansas City
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will this extension cable enable a ground connection?
- Asked by Christian W from Staten Island
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this extension cable enable a ground connection?)
- Asked about: Power Adapter Extension Cable
Can this be used in combination with an hdmi cable and an hdmi to thunderbolt adapter to power a Thunderbolt Display for MacBook?
- Asked by Maggie B from Philadelphia
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used in combination with an hdmi cable and an hdmi to thunderbolt adapter to power a Thunderbolt Display for MacBook?)
- Asked about: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter