I have a white 2008 macbook,2.4ghz intel core 2 duo 2gb memory 667 mhz ddr2 sdram, can i upgrade from os x lion to mountain lion
1 Answer from the Community
No, as your graphics chip is sadly incompatible with Mountain Lion (despite only requiring a driver or two, but that's apple for you). I believe there is also an issue with the BIOS, or the computer firmware, not being compatible as well. My mid-2007 Black Macbook suffers from this premature death as well, but Lion is still great. I recommend maxing out your ram (6GB Maximum, 4GB supported by Apple) and installing an SSD to make your machine lightning quick. LONG LIVE THE WHITE MACBOOK! Hope I helped you out.
- Answered by Charles C from Cedarburg
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Is this compatible with OS X Lion?
- Asked by Jennifer K from Peace River
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this compatible with OS X Lion?)
- Asked about: Microsoft Office 365 Home (1-year S…
Will this work connecting my Macbook Pro (mid-late 2009) ( to my old (2006) samsung syncmaster 205bw?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work connecting my Macbook Pro (mid-late 2009) ( to my old (2006) samsung syncmaster 205bw?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
Is the super drive compatible with a MacBook Pro without retina display?
- Asked by Steven N C from Brimfield
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the super drive compatible with a MacBook Pro without retina display?)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive