I'm not sure if my iMac is able to upgrade and if it can which is the highest I can upgrade it to?
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac5,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: IM51.0090.B09
SMC Version (system): 1.8f2
Right now I have SnowLeopard 1.68 I think and at least need 1.7.
1 Answer from the Community
Compare your system to the listed minimum System requirements for each OS. If it meets/exceeds, you can use that OS.
In your case, with the 2 Duo at 2 GHz and 4 MB RAM, you can go to OS X El Capitan and have room to spare.
- Answered by Elbert A from Lake Stevens
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
What length of Lightning Cable comes with the charging dock? .5m, 1m or 2m?
- Asked by Zachary R from Tacoma
- Flag as inappropriate (What length of Lightning Cable comes with the charging dock? .5m, 1m or 2m?)
- Asked about: Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Dock
What is the highest resolution this adapter supports?
- Asked by John S from Hoboken
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the highest resolution this adapter supports?)
- Asked about: USB-C VGA Multiport Adapter
Can you activate the iphone upgrade program online?
- Asked by Miguel R from Brownsville
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you activate the iphone upgrade program online?)
- Asked about: iPhone