Can this dock be used for the new iPad Air (5th gen)? It states the 4th gen is OK. I would think it would work since both have a lightning connector.
2 Answers from the Community
It works with the iPad Air, but it's not a perfect fit. When in place, the iPad Air doesn't touch the bottom support so it is a bit wobbly - only the lightning connector contacts the bottom of the iPad. It charges, but if you're not careful, it can tip slightly to either side and not make a connection and the iPad will not be charging. I think the problem results from the change in shape of the bezel of the iPad Air from previous iPads - the discrepancy is only a couple of millimetres, but it makes a difference. It's also a bit difficult to line up the lightning connector with the iPad slot. Works well with iPhone 5.
- Answered by Robert L from Bedford
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
It can be used. It says it works with cases, so the other answer is wrong
- Answered by Ozzy S from Pasadena
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Will pages work on 5th gen
- Asked by Johnny R. W from Chattanooga
- Flag as inappropriate (Will pages work on 5th gen)
- Asked about: iPad
will this work to connect ipod 5th gen to ipod 4th gen dock?
- Asked by Deborah M from Bunyip
- Flag as inappropriate (will this work to connect ipod 5th gen to ipod 4th gen dock?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter
Can I use these with my 5th gen iPod touch?
- Asked by Leighanne B
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use these with my 5th gen iPod touch?)
- Asked about: urBeats3 Earphones with Lightning C…
No answers yet