Does the case interfere with wifi reception?
- Asked by Jacki J from Calgary
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the case interfere with wifi reception?)
5 Answers from the Community
i don't care what anybody says the answer is yes! Two different internet companies and same issue I can't even get wifi on my front porch but my hubby can and he doesn't have a life proof!
- Answered by Carrie H from Holt
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
It does. Been experiencing wifi disconnects with my usual distance from my previous phone. Even the cellular data is affected.
I tried comparing my trusty Note 3 and it can find more than 10 networks and able to connect to one of them. While my 6+ only has 5 and cannot find the same my other phone is connected with.
When I removed my casing. It magically refreshed and connected me properly and showed reception is decent.
- Answered by Daniel S from Bukit Jalil
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I believe that it does like others that have mentioned the same problem. I have been using a regular leather case for my iPad MINI 2 since I bought the device and never had an issue until I put on this Lifeproof case. The wifi became inconsistent, always dropping signal and I have never experienced this with any other type of case.
This is also the case with my iPhone 5s. When I have it Nuud it get ok reception but as soon as I put a case on it that is not just a skin the dept ion gets worse and I lose connection with wifi a lot.
The Lifeproof case has its advantages but not enough for around the house usage to continue to use this Lifeproof case.
- Answered by Bryan Y from Cockeysville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
No, it does not interfere with WiFi.
- Answered by Matt C from Fort Worth
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Not really, wifi is something that isn't blocked by the material that makes up this case because of its advancements.
- Answered by Mattan M from Los Angeles
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
How do different cases interfere with the use of this dock?
- Asked by Christopher S from Lithia
- Flag as inappropriate (How do different cases interfere with the use of this dock?)
- Asked about: iPhone Lightning Dock - White
Does this case interfere with signal strength?
- Asked by Hope L from Riverside
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this case interfere with signal strength?)
- Asked about: iPhone 6 Plus / 6s Plus Silicone Ca…