What's the best video app to use with this mic? Will any video app rec audio at full Rez? Can rez be changed?
By Rez I mean, bit depth and sample rate.
What video apps allow changing audio & video settings for recording on iPhones & iPads?
Right now I have an iPhone 5.
Also plan on buying iPad pro.
- Asked by George D from San Marcos
- Flag as inappropriate (What's the best video app to use with this mic? Will any video app rec audio at full Rez? Can rez be changed?)
2 Answers from the Community
FiLMiC Pro works well with the MV88. In the audio settings the MV88 shows up on the list and once selected you get stereo audio. FiLMiC Pro has a good assortment of audio recording settings.
You need to have the Shure Motive app running in the background if you want to make changes to the MV88 settings specific to the MV88 but the settings are remembered.
If you have used a regular video camera you will find FiLMiC Pro looks familiar.
You can simply save your video to the camera roll but for higher quality video formats use the iTunes export method, for instance if you are going to use your files in a Final Cut Pro X project on your Mac.
- Answered by Brian T from Alma
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The free Shure MOTIV app, required for use of the MV88, lets you select any combination of 16/24 bit depth, and 44/48.1kHz sample rate.
iOS Camera and Filmic Pro can use these "Rez". I don't know whether you can choose Rez within those apps, or about other video apps.
- Answered by James L M from Los Angeles
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
static when recording video on iPhone7 with Sennheiser mic on Lightning port.
- Asked by Dane D from Fishers
- Flag as inappropriate (static when recording video on iPhone7 with Sennheiser mic on Lightning port.)
- Asked about: Lightning to 3.5mm Headphone Jack A…
What apps are not supporting video out thru this cable?
- Asked by Remigiusz G from Raleigh
- Flag as inappropriate (What apps are not supporting video out thru this cable?)
- Asked about: Lightning Digital AV Adapter