. How might this help me? I'm virtually quadriplegic, using only my left thumb to activate keys on my MacBook Air
I'm not sure what this device would do for me. I don't understand the Product Decription. Does it enhance keyboard accessibility?
I'm limited to using my left thumb for all functions, but there are still actions that require holding down two or more keys that aren't solved by using Sticky Keys.
1 Answer from the Community
This is an adaptive switch, which can be used with Switch Control (under settings-general-accessibility-switch control) . However, you need a Switch Interface that is bluetooth to attach this switch to. I use a Tecla Shield DOS. There are others if you google Bluetooth Switch Interface. What you do is hook this (or any other switch) into the bluetooth switch interface.
You'll also see that some Switch Interfaces have their own switch (one or two) built in. Up to you what you prefer.
Switches are used by people who have difficulty, such as us, with conventional input methods. So, for example, you could use a switch to hit keys on an onscreen keyboard or click on an app. The Switch Control on Mac is quite sophisticated with layers of choices and you can run it with one app.
You might want to check out micro switches if you're using your thumb- they have light activation and my concern would be if you hit a switch that's hard you could eventually injure your thumb- or have pain. Micro switches can be purchased online - just google.
I also suggest you check out YouTube for these products. There are many videos that can teach/show you how to use them.
I hope this helps you out!
- Answered by Ruth H from Princeton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will it work with parallels windows virtual machine ?
- Asked by Achillefs P
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it work with parallels windows virtual machine ?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Ada…
Can I use Insert button on it? I'm using Virtual machine with Windows and PuTTY/VNC sessions, sometimes it's required use key combination Shift+Ins
- Asked by Dmitry T
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use Insert button on it? I'm using Virtual machine with Windows and PuTTY/VNC sessions, sometimes it's required use key combination Shift+Ins)
- Asked about: Belkin Wireless YourType Numeric Ke…
What port is this used in on my macbook air?
- Asked by Holly B from Melbourne
- Flag as inappropriate (What port is this used in on my macbook air?)
- Asked about: Belkin 4K Mini DisplayPort to HDMI …