Crop sensor lens?
Does the red Raven not have a full frame sensor? The lens included, the sigma 18-35 is made for crop sensor cameras.
- Asked by Robert G from San Carlos
- Flag as inappropriate (Crop sensor lens?)
5 Answers from the Community
Red Raven is not a full frame camera. Most digital high end professional cameras use a super 35 sensor, not a full frame sensor.
- Answered by Mario A from Palm Beach Gardens
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The Raven isn't full frame. It uses a 4.5K cut of the Dragon sensor. If you shot on any camera with the Dragon sensor in it. The crop factor would match what you'd get in the Epic Dragon, Scarlet Dragon, Weapon MG, or Scarlet W.
Head over to RedUser for more detailed info. But the 4.5K cut of the Dragon Sensor is about the same as Super 35 mm (3perf). So about a 1.33x crop of the 6K Full Frame version.
- Answered by Jeffrey L from Colorado Springs
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
It does not have a Full Frame sensor. The RED RAVEN has a 4.5K DRAGON sensor with a crop factor at 4.5K FF (Full Format), which would be 1.66x relative to a 35mm Stills Frame.
For full details regarding RED's crop factor, navigate to: RED.com > Learn > Tools > Crop Factor
- Answered by Redsupport S from Irvine
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
The crop factor is about 1.86x - slightly narrower than Academy 35mm, and not Full Frame.
- Answered by Michael H from Prosper
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
It's a RED DRAGON 9.9 megapixel, 23.0 mm x 10.8 mm sensor.
What size sensor do you refer to when saying full size?
- Answered by Mats H from Drottningholm
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
Is there anything covering the camera lens?
- Asked by Gabriel H from Kearney
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there anything covering the camera lens?)
- Asked about: Tech21 Evo Mesh Case for iPhone 8/7
Will this case fit over the camera lens?
- Asked by Patricia S from Bargersville
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this case fit over the camera lens?)
- Asked about: iPhone X Silicone Case - (PRODUCT)R…
Does this obstruct the iPad camera or sensors?
- Asked by Brian S from Toronto
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this obstruct the iPad camera or sensors?)
- Asked about: Gamevice Controller for iPad mini