Should it work with a MBP Retina Mid 2015? (R9 M370X graphics card)
I've read several places around that it should work with this model, however, I ordered one, bought also the adapter cables and it DOESN'T WORK at all. No response from the monitor, I plug the TB3 to TB2 adapter, then plug it into my Macbook and definitely not working at all (monitor doesn't power up neither display anything).
Could someone throw some light on this?
Also, if not working, I bought it through Apple Store, could I ask for a refund? There's almost no information about compatibility and the information displayed on the Apple page doesn't help much as it's hard to understand. I did understood that my model should work with it but I'm seeing it's not.
- Asked by Pablo G from Barcelona
- Flag as inappropriate (Should it work with a MBP Retina Mid 2015? (R9 M370X graphics card))
1 Answer from the Community
I'm in the exact same boat as you. I ended up calling apple support twice and LG once. Apple suggested a few different adaptor/cable combinations, and when those didn't work, they suggested I call LG. LG came back and said they only support a 1 to 1 USB-C connection. Garbage, right?! I'm going to try to (if not make them allow me to) return it after Christmas and ask them to make it much more obvious that it's not compatible with older MBP models. I'll write an update to this answer if I'm successful.
- Answered by Emily J from Fort Collins
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will this work with a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)?
- Asked by Brenda F from Parkville
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)?)
- Asked about: MagSafe to MagSafe 2 Converter
I have MacBook Pro early 2015 13 inch retina Model A1502 would this work?
- Asked by Gary S from Saint Augustine
- Flag as inappropriate (I have MacBook Pro early 2015 13 inch retina Model A1502 would this work?)
- Asked about: Incase 13" Hardshell Case for MacBo…