How to set up dual monitor?
I've got two of these, but each comes with one input, so I'm not sure I can daisy-chain it like Mac -> lg1 -> lg2. Alternatively, I thought I could do dual output, like Mac -> lg1, Mac -> lg2, but will it work? I could also get a usb-c signal splitter, but I'd prefer one fewer equipment if the dual output solution works.
What's your solution?
- Asked by Zhanwen C from Poughkeepsie
- Flag as inappropriate (How to set up dual monitor?)
1 Answer from the Community
My screens arrived today and they are frankly awesome. I'm afraid you cannot daisy chain them, I have tried purchasing active cables as well as passive cables to check daisy chaining, but I can confirm it is not possible. To run these screens you will require the latest 15" MacBook Pro /w Touchbar late 2016 model or later. All the cables in the box work for the system, and you simply plug in one cable into one slot and the second into another slot. (slot = USB C Port). I would recommend downloading the LG Screen management as it maps all of your windows to fit sections of the monitor.
Have a good day,
- Answered by Sammy H
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I use this device to run dual (Side-by-Side) monitors from an iMac?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this device to run dual (Side-by-Side) monitors from an iMac?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
How do I set up dual ADC monitors to a Mac Pro (that contains one DVI port and one Minidisplay port)?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I set up dual ADC monitors to a Mac Pro (that contains one DVI port and one Minidisplay port)?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter