Can the circle 2 be set up with multiple cameras through homekit?
- Asked by fn from Wilmington
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the circle 2 be set up with multiple cameras through homekit?)
2 Answers from the Community
I'm guessing yes... it says "One account, unlimited cameras connected and multiple users."
- Answered by Chris C from Vancouver
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I currently have 2 cameras set up in HomeKit and works fine.
Nothing to do with multiple vs single camera use, but since we're on the topic of HomeKit:
One important point to be aware of is that motion detection for HomeKit will NOT work if you are using the camera through glass (eg. Window Mount). In this scenario, the camera does correctly detect motion and record clips for notification and viewing via the LogiTech Circle 2 app and website, but HomeKit will NOT receive any motion trigger signal that can be used in automations.
So if you want, for example, HomeKit to switch on house lights when motion outside is detected by your Circle 2 camera then you will need to have your camera mounted outside.
- Answered by Calum T
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Does this camera support HomeKit? or any further plans
- Asked by Ashley B
- 22 Dec 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this camera support HomeKit? or any further plans)
- Asked about: Netatmo Presence Outdoor Security C…