Is the Blackmagic eGPU work with a macbook pro? Also is it portable/ functional to take to different working locations?
I study architecture and Design and create 3d renderings and want to improve the graphics processor that I have on my macbook pro- hoping that the Blackmagic eGPU could help to achieve this. I would be taking this Blackmagic eGPU to and from my work space to my home.
2 Answers from the Community
It works with the late 2016 Mac book pro (touchbar) and later models. As for portability, it is heavy and bulky. Not ideal for travel, but that’s not to say it can’t be done. Ensure that your application accepts eGPUs so you get the full power out of it. EX: Final Cut Pro X works well with the eGPU.
- Answered by Geoffrey P from Tinley Park
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
You did not state your model of MacBook Pro. The Blackmagic eGPU should work with any MacBook Pro with Thunderbolt 3 ports. MacBook Pros with Thunderbolt 2 ports require extra setup. The eGPU.io forums may have more information.
Use the dimensions and weight specified in the product page to determine its portability. It does not have a separate power brick which is nice.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Is this product work with Blackmagic egpu?
- Asked by Chenhan L from Irvine
- 21 Apr 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this product work with Blackmagic egpu?)
- Asked about: Moshi USB-C to DisplayPort Cable
Can I use this Blackmagic eGPU Pro with my MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
- Asked by Clarke S from Hoboken
- 10 Nov 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this Blackmagic eGPU Pro with my MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015))
- Asked about: Blackmagic eGPU Pro
eGPU Akitio Thunder 3 to MacBook Air
- Asked by Shaun J from Shailer Park
- 27 Nov 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (eGPU Akitio Thunder 3 to MacBook Air)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbol…