Does this cable work with higher resolution displays like apple 30" display or the new 3840x2160 TVs?
1 Answer from the Community
This adapter will only allow you to drive the Apple Cinema 30" display at 1280x800 (see Apple support article HT3571), so you should buy the more expensive Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI adapter if you want to use the maximum resolution of 2560x1600.
The 3840x2160 televisions use *two* dual-link DVI connections because of the increased signal bandwidth so, again, you would not be able to drive them at full resolution. You may be able to use them at a reduced resolution with one dual-link input from the other adapter, and possibly at a much lower resolution using this adapter.
- Answered by Duncan J
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does this adapter support 3840x2160@60Hz?
- Asked by John-mark G from Oakland
- 3 Sep 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter support 3840x2160@60Hz?)
- Asked about: Belkin 4K Mini DisplayPort to HDMI …
No answers yet
Does this work with a Thunderbolt display?
- Asked by John R from Palo Alto
- 17 Mar 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work with a Thunderbolt display?)
- Asked about: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter
No answers yet
Will this work with a new Mac Mini and Apple Thunderbolt displays?
- Asked by Kevin L from Sacramento
- 21 Dec 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with a new Mac Mini and Apple Thunderbolt displays?)
- Asked about: Blackmagic eGPU Pro