Can I use the iPad to show the slow motion videos I take with my Casio Digital ExLim FH20? I teach tennis. The screen would be great.
I take the videos and play them back in quicktime on my mac, but the iPad would be much better to haul around. I usually end up just using the 4" screen on the camera when I'm on the court, but it is a little too small. I know I could go from camera to mac to ipad, but I wonder if I can go direct to the iPad. The files are usually stored as AVI files. The ones I am interested in are the 210 and 420 fps high speed shots that do play fine in Quicktime.
Here are the specs on the files for the ExLim FH20
File Format: Movies: AVI format, Motion JPEG, IMA-ADPCM(Monaural)
Recording Media: 31.9 MB built in flash memory, SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, MMC (MultiMediaCard), MMC plus
Number of Recorded Pixels
HS 1000(224x56 1000fps)
HS 420(224x168 420fps)
HS 210 (480x360 210fps)
HS 30-210 (480x360 30fps 210fps)
1 Answer from the Community
Yes, the built in photo viewer and a handful of apps will allow you to do that
- Answered by Ethan S from West Lafayette
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
when using this cable with an iPad, does the iPad's screen itself still display video? or only the external display?
- Asked by Matthew G from Sacramento
- Flag as inappropriate (when using this cable with an iPad, does the iPad's screen itself still display video? or only the external display?)
- Asked about: Lightning Digital AV Adapter
Does thunderbolt allow combined digital audio and video like HDMI? My HTIB takes one input -- does not receive signals separately from same source.
- Asked by Jonathan L from Langley
- Flag as inappropriate (Does thunderbolt allow combined digital audio and video like HDMI? My HTIB takes one input -- does not receive signals separately from same source.)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Cable (2m) - Whit…