I have an iMac 8,1 running OS X 10.5.8. but I don't know what OS X to buy (10.6, or 10.7, or 10.8) to get Maverick?
I have a iMac 8,1 running OS X 10.5.8. Now I want to upgrade to Maverick. My question is: Should I upgrade the OS X 10.6, or 10.7, or 10.8? ( all of them have the same price) Does it matter if I get 10.6 or it is better if I purchase 10.8. to upgrade to Maverick? Or it doesn't matter at all because I will upgrade to Maverick???
Please guys help me. These disgusting doubts are making my life miserable.
2 Answers from the Community
You can upgrade to OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) directly from 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard), provided that your computer meets the minimum requirements for Mavericks (iMac mid 2007 or later, 2 GB or greater RAM, 8 GB free disk space).
- Answered by Rodney W from Niddrie
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
You will need to install 10.6 before you can upgrade further, because all further upgrades are done through the Mac App Store and that isn't present in versions prior to 10.6.
- Answered by Robert T from Chatham
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Will this work with OS X Mavericks?
- Asked by April A from Douglasville
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with OS X Mavericks?)
- Asked about: Magic Trackpad 2
If i have bought the os x 10.6 Snow Leopard in order to download to os x 10.7 do i need to buy this as well?
- Asked by Alain B from Newark
- Flag as inappropriate (If i have bought the os x 10.6 Snow Leopard in order to download to os x 10.7 do i need to buy this as well?)
- Asked about: OS X Lion (10.7)