Can i use the cable to watch BBC iPlayer through my tv from my iPad?
7 Answers from the Community
I think I have found the answer. Instead of accessing iplayer through the iplayer app, do it through safari. This seems to work for me. Good luck
- Answered by Suzanne T
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
As of the newest version of the iPlayer App, released in December 2011, yes you can use iPlayer through the iPad (certainly the iPad 2 anyway). The quality is very good, higher than watching the same program through the safari version.
The iPhone does not work through the app (on an iPhone 4), but does work well via Safari. Picture quality is not as good as the iPad+App combo, but very watchable.
Youtube works perfectly on both. As of Jan 2012, the 4OD App does not work (at least for me) on either device.
- Answered by Gordon M
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
works with the iphone4 but not the wifes ipad 1, seems strange given its the same chip in both
- Answered by James R
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
I managed to get it working before with my iPad 2 - I do need to try again soon as well, so I hope updates haven't nerfed that feature to work over AirPlay only.
- Answered by Phil H from Shotton Colliery
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
I've tried and the answer seems to be no. You can get sound but no vision
- Answered by Peter B
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
Works for me!
- Answered by Rosalyn C
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
Works from my I Pod 1 but not my I phone4 - appears to be quite a bit of varied results - perhaps someone from Apple could answer ?
- Answered by James N
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 7
Can I watch BBC and CBeebies using iPlayer App in HK Apple TV?
- Asked by Ming Sum L
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I watch BBC and CBeebies using iPlayer App in HK Apple TV?)
- Asked about: Apple TV
HDMI Cables for iPad Minis
- Asked by Lavinia I
- Flag as inappropriate (HDMI Cables for iPad Minis)
- Asked about: Lightning Digital AV Adapter
No answers yet