Full gigabit speeds?
I just got CenturyLink Gigabit service, and the fastest speeds I can get ising this adapter is around 650Mbps down/800Mbs up. The CenturyLink installer says it's a limitation of my hardware, and that only fairly new machines will actually get the full 1000Mbs / 1000Mbs speeds.
Mid-2012 MBP Retina, which has no ethernet so I'm using this adapter.
Does anyone know if there are limits in the adapter, older Macs, or...? If I get a new MBP but it turns out it's the adapter that is chocking things, then I won't see any benefit on that front.
- Asked by fn from Bellingham
- Flag as inappropriate (Full gigabit speeds?)
No Answers have been submitted
Be the first to answer this question. Answer now
Would this adapter allow me to use my Thunderbolt 2 - gigabit ethernet adapter or is there a Thunderbolt 3 gigabit adapter?
- Asked by Martin C from Auckland
- 28 Oct 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Would this adapter allow me to use my Thunderbolt 2 - gigabit ethernet adapter or is there a Thunderbolt 3 gigabit adapter?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbol…