Sonos Bridge and Play 3 compatability with Macbook Pro and this Thunderbolt to ethernet adapter?
I'm wondering if my Macbook Pro(Late 2012) has the capability, and if so how to adjust the network settings to cater the needs of a Sonos Bridge to emit its own wireless network so I can play my Sonos speakers from a wireless network from a hotel. ( I won't have access to a hardline ethernet port or router ) I'm going on vacation and am hoping to bring my speaker to have some tunes with in Mexico. If my computer is capable of supporting the right internet accessibility to the bridge I will most definitely be buying this thunderbolt to ethernet adapter to connect the Bridge and thus connect all my Sonos speakers. I'm at a loss and not sure how to understand and be sure my network settings can receive a wireless signal and create an output from my computer to the bridge, or if this adapter is only for inputting a hardline ethernet internet cord for my macbook. Boils down to an input/output question with wireless internet network capabilities. Any help or additional information would be greatly appreciated as my trip is in three weeks time! Thanks again. - Rob
- Asked by Robert W from Tonka Bay
- Flag as inappropriate (Sonos Bridge and Play 3 compatability with Macbook Pro and this Thunderbolt to ethernet adapter?)
1 Answer from the Community
This is probably way too late but I'll give my answer just in case someone wants to do the same thing. If you go to sharing under system preferences and select share connection from Thunderbolt-> Ethernet adapter or something similar then share via WiFi.
- Answered by William W from Pittsburgh
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can 2 of these displays be daisy-chained to a 2015 MacBook Pro with a Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter?
- Asked by Benjamin W from Toronto
- Flag as inappropriate (Can 2 of these displays be daisy-chained to a 2015 MacBook Pro with a Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter?)
- Asked about: LG UltraFine 5K Display
Ethernet and USB Pass Through?
- Asked by Ernest C from Los Angeles
- Flag as inappropriate (Ethernet and USB Pass Through?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbol…