do multiple TB-FW adapters create multiple FW busses?
I have a question concerning the use of multiple thunderbolt to firewire adapters. If I plug two of these into an iMac, and then a drive to each adapter, would those devices present themselves to the computer as being on two different firewire busses, or one unified firewire bus?
Some people on here have commented on how they have multiple drives daisy-chained to one adapter, that is not what I am asking about, as in that kind of situation you can easily saturate a single firewire buss.
My purpose here is to use Universal Audio's Satellite UAD product (firewire) in addition to a firewire audio interface. the Satellite prefers to be the sole device on a FW chain for best performance, so what I would like to do is use one adapter for a satellite, and one for a firewire audio interface, and have the two operate independently on their own busses.
Does anyone know if this is possible? Has anyone tried it?
- Asked by fn from Chandler
- Flag as inappropriate (do multiple TB-FW adapters create multiple FW busses?)
No Answers have been submitted
Be the first to answer this question. Answer now
Can you connect a Thunderbolt 2 to Firewire adapter to this adapter in order to connect FW devices to the new MBP's ?
- Asked by Roger G
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you connect a Thunderbolt 2 to Firewire adapter to this adapter in order to connect FW devices to the new MBP's ?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbol…
Can these be daisy chained in order to run multiple screens?
- Asked by Melvyn H
- Flag as inappropriate (Can these be daisy chained in order to run multiple screens?)
- Asked about: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter
How do i connect my fw800 devices to thunderbolt macbook pro?
- Asked by Markos A from Carss Park
- Flag as inappropriate (How do i connect my fw800 devices to thunderbolt macbook pro?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Ada…