Is this a Thunderbolt 3 type connection? Does it have the new USB-C type plug?
Just ordered the new (October 2016) MacBook Pro and need a cable to connect my Firewire 800 drives to it.
1 Answer from the Community
No, it is not a Thunderbolt 3 type connector (USB C), you would need to connect this connector to a Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 connector. I have not seen a Thunderbolt 3 to Firewire connector from Apple.
- Answered by Seth B from Fort Lauderdale
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Is this Thunderbolt compatible with the 2017 MacBook Pro Type-C Thunderbolt connections?
- Asked by Anthony S from Riverhead
- 2 Mar 2018
- Flag as inappropriate Is this Thunderbolt compatible with the 2017 MacBook Pro Type-C Thunderbolt connections?
Can I use it for the new macbook with lighting to usb type-c adapter?
- Asked by Neng-hao Y from San Francisco
- 20 Dec 2015
- Flag as inappropriate Can I use it for the new macbook with lighting to usb type-c adapter?
Does the "Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter" work together with the "Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter"?