Medium Format Camera?
Will I be able to use this to connect a Leaf Aptus medium format camera back to my rMBP?
- Asked by Daniel E
- Flag as inappropriate (Medium Format Camera?)
3 Answers from the Community
I just tried with my Mamiya dm22. You can only read what is on the card. no dithering . I am going to have to return both the Mac Air and the adapter, That was the only reason I bought it. I would have avoided wasting my time if anyone at Apple would have been clearer on the limit of the adapter.
- Answered by Walter T from Las Vegas
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Most MFD backs require a significant power draw, which the thunderbolt port may not be capable of supporting. I know older Aptus backs needed every bit of power that the Firewire bus was capable of delivering, and this adaptor will not provide nearly as much power as a traditional Firewire port. The final answer will depend on the specifics of your particular back, as not all Aptus backs are the same and newer ones may not draw as much power as the older ones I am more familiar with.
- Answered by Kurt H from New Haven
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Yes. As the Leaf Aptus-II 12 utilises FireWire 800, this adapter will allow you to connect it to your MBP's thunderbolt port.
- Answered by James S from Gordon
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Will this adapter support the SDHC format cards popular with DSLR cameras?
- Asked by Jeremy D from Newnan
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter support the SDHC format cards popular with DSLR cameras?)
- Asked about: Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit
Can the ipad air read the .mov format video from my Lumix camera SDHC card?
- Asked by Geoff B from Calgary
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the ipad air read the .mov format video from my Lumix camera SDHC card?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Camera Adapter