thunderbolt to firewire400 adapter?
Hi, I've got a TimeMachine with FW400 connection and want to buy a new MacBook Pro that only has Thunderbolt. I've searched for a Thunderbolt to FW400 adapter, but only find one that says it's for Thunderbolt to FW800. Is there an adapter for TB to FW400? Or am I going to have to daisy chain (FW400 to FW800, then FW800 to Thunderbolt)? Thanks!
- Asked by Stacey K from West Bloomfield
- Flag as inappropriate (thunderbolt to firewire400 adapter?)
2 Answers from the Community
There are also cables that have FW 400 on one end and FW 800 on the other. I find the cable solution a little more elegant and it's not another adapter to lose.
- Answered by Jef L from Chicago
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I tried using the adapter to connect my Epson SP R800 printer via a cable with FW400 on one end and FW800 on the other and it causes a kernel panic on my 212 iMac every time. Had to connect via slower USB.
- Answered by Harold A from New York
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
How can I connect my MacBook Air (via thunderbolt) to my 500GB drive (has Firewire 800 and Firewire 400)?
- Asked by Breda W
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I connect my MacBook Air (via thunderbolt) to my 500GB drive (has Firewire 800 and Firewire 400)?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Cable (2m) - Whit…
why is thunderbolt adapter hot?
- Asked by Courtney N from Santa Clara
- Flag as inappropriate (why is thunderbolt adapter hot?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Ada…