When used with an iPhone 5, does it stretch the output?
iPhone 5 is at 1136x640, so when connected to an HDTV, does the TV get sent a 640p signal, or a 720p signal where everything is slightly blurry from upscaling? If it sends a 640p signal, then you could decide for yourself with the TV's options whether to upscale or leave the image with a border around it.
- Asked by fn from Lexington
- Flag as inappropriate (When used with an iPhone 5, does it stretch the output?)
1 Answer from the Community
720p - with black bars when vertical.
- Answered by Stephen I from San Jose
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Is the USB data speed limited when using VGA?
- Asked by John D
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the USB data speed limited when using VGA?)
- Asked about: USB-C VGA Multiport Adapter
No answers yet
Does the dock output AUX or headphone output?
- Asked by Matthew H
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the dock output AUX or headphone output?)
- Asked about: iPhone Lightning Dock - Space Grey
Can the lightning dock be used with a AV adapter so that the iPhone 7 can... 1. output to HDMI, 2. output audio down a 3.5mm jack, and 3. be charged?