My chargers, 5W,12W and power adapter for MacBook Air, sometimes get hot when plugged into wall socket. Is this normal? Does it harm the charger?
2 Answers from the Community
Yes, this is normal. When the batteries on your devices are low, both the 5w and 12w charge at there respectable 1.0 and 2.1 amp charge rate until the batteries get close to their max capacity, then slow charge until they are topped off.
- Answered by James B from Castleberry
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
This is normal but if it's too hot to touch then get a replacement immediately
- Answered by Ryan R
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
How much power does this 61W power adapter consume the electricity, If I only left it plugged in the main but not plug in my MacBook?
- Asked by Johan T
- Flag as inappropriate (How much power does this 61W power adapter consume the electricity, If I only left it plugged in the main but not plug in my MacBook?)
- Asked about: 61W USB‑C Power Adapter
does a wall plug come with this charger
- Asked by Robert L from Dowagiac
- Flag as inappropriate (does a wall plug come with this charger)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to USB Cable