Will the 12W USB power adapter work in Hong Kong without using a converter? The adapter indicates input 100-240V. What does it mean?

Apple 12W USB Power Adapter

Back To Product

Follow this Question

1 Answer from the Community

  • Answer

    100-240 Vac refers to the voltage you get from your wall outlet. This power adapter will provide its 5.0Vdc output regardless if the input AC Voltage is 100 Vac or up to 240 Vac. However the one that you have (or will buy) in the USA has the US Type flat two pin plugs for the wall receptacle, whereas in Hong Kong they use the 3-pin U.K. type plug. You have to buy a "mechanical converter" for the plug system; i.e. one that will adapt the US flat 2 pins to the UK version. These, you can find everywhere in Hong Kong at dirt small prices...

    Was this useful? Answer 1

    1 of 1 people found this useful

Related Questions