I have a nice new iMac 21.5" (mid 2011 model) Need to connect my HD archives and my old G3 Powerbook all FIREWIRE.... how? Is there an adaptor?
1 Answer from the Community
Yes there are multiple ways to connect a Thunderbolt equipped Mac to Firewire devices. You can either use an "Apple Thunderbolt to Firewire Adapter", or get a Thunderbolt dock with a Firewire connector. The Apple Thunderbolt Cable can only be used in connection with a dock.
- Answered by Peter S
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I connect my external drive to my iMac using a thunderbolt to firewire adaptor?
- Asked by Ilan K from Toronto
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect my external drive to my iMac using a thunderbolt to firewire adaptor?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter
can be used for 21.5 inch, mid 2011
- Asked by Kamyar E from Cheadl Hulme
- Flag as inappropriate (can be used for 21.5 inch, mid 2011)
- Asked about: Apple Memory Module 8GB 1866MHz DDR…