can i use an Apple 5watt charger to charge a DC5v product
- Asked by fn from Newport Beach
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use an Apple 5watt charger to charge a DC5v product)
1 Answer from the Community
Bill. The answer is "not really". Though the output from an iPhone charger is 5VDc, it can only give 5 Watts power. Voltage and power are different things. You may be using 5VDc, but if your device needs more than 5 Watts, then one of two things may happen.
1. Your device may not work, or work at a reduced capacity. E.g. a light would not be as bright as expected.
2. You will cause a larger power draw than the iPhone charger can handle and may either cause the charger to fail, or worst case a fire.
Please get the correct item charger for your device or go into somewhere like Maplin, with your device and they will keep you right.
- Answered by Raymond S
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Is the Belkin Boost Up wireless charge pad 5 watts or 7.5 watts?
- Asked by Bill P from Cumberland Center
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the Belkin Boost Up wireless charge pad 5 watts or 7.5 watts?)
- Asked about: Belkin Boost Up Wireless Charging P…
Will my apple charger from the us work in Australia and is so do I still need a convertor?
- Asked by Karen W from Collierville
- Flag as inappropriate (Will my apple charger from the us work in Australia and is so do I still need a convertor?)
- Asked about: Apple World Travel Adapter Kit