Is this device HDCP compliant (Can it transmit Netflix via HDMI)?
One of the reviewers for this product has stated that it is not HDCP compliant, which means that it would not be able to transmit netflix or other copyrighted material via HDMI. This seems like a massive oversight and my first instinct is to believe the reviewer had hooked his setup up improperly. Can anyone confirm whether or not they have been able to stream Netflix or other copyrighted material to TV's connected through HDMI?
- Asked by John F from Rancho Santa Fe
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this device HDCP compliant (Can it transmit Netflix via HDMI)?)
4 Answers from the Community
Article HT207443 from Apple claims that the device is HDCP compliant. Maybe Apple has revised this product since it was first launched?
- Answered by Justin A from Austin
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Unfortunately, the adapter is not compatible with HDCP. You cannot play an iTunes video if an external display is connected via the adapter. Playing Amazon Prime movies is possible, but only in SD quality. I haven't tried Netflix yet.
- Answered by Stefan W
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I just received a 'USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter' - A1621 - MJ1K2AM/A - 2017 printed on the packaging. While there was no mention of HDCP compliant on the packaging, I can confirm it is fully HDCP compliant....no issues with services like Netflix and Amazon passed through to external display.
- Answered by Daniel C from Elkridge
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
The adapter works fine, when connecting a MacBook Pro to a TV-Set via HDMI. I used it in order to watch Netflix, Amazon Prime and Apple iTunes Movies on a large screen during our last vacation. Before we departed, I tested it at home with a 65" UHD TV-Set from Samsung. The answer is: yes, it definitely works fine!
- Answered by Andreas G
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Will this fix HDCP issues on 1080p projector
- Asked by Gabriel H
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this fix HDCP issues on 1080p projector)
- Asked about: Belkin 4K Mini DisplayPort to HDMI …
No answers yet
2017 - is this adapter HDCP compliant?
- Asked by Amy C from Montgomery
- Flag as inappropriate (2017 - is this adapter HDCP compliant?)
- Asked about: Lightning Digital AV Adapter
No answers yet