What loss of speed and transfer rate occurs?
Does this equate to a USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 transfer rate?
- Asked by Nicholas C from Shalvey
- Flag as inappropriate (What loss of speed and transfer rate occurs?)
1 Answer from the Community
I was just on the phone with Apple with the same question, and two techs later said it should perform to the therorectial limit of the device you plug into it... so if you plug in a USB 3.1 drive it'll give you 10 Gb/s -- and a USB 3.0 drive would give you 5 Gb/s.
Reference : Thunderbolt 3 is 40 Gb/s, Thunderbolt 2 is 20 Gb/s, USB 3.1 is 10 Gb/s, USB 3.1 is 5 Gb/s, FireWire 800 is a poky 800 Mb/s
Your mileage may vary. Hope this helps.
- Answered by Blair S from Wappingers Falls
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
What are the transfer speeds like with this?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate (What are the transfer speeds like with this?)
- Asked about: Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit
How big is the transfer rates for this model? Thank you
- Asked by Atila N
- Flag as inappropriate (How big is the transfer rates for this model? Thank you)
- Asked about: SanDisk 128GB Connect Wireless Stic…