Will the Apple Pen still respond if a glass screen protector is being used?
- Asked by Jennifer R from Ft Wayne
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the Apple Pen still respond if a glass screen protector is being used?)
4 Answers from the Community
My iPad Pro has a tempered glass pasted on the screen and my Apple pencil works fine.
- Answered by Lim K
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes it will. I use a screen protector just to keep my iPad clean of scratches and the apple pencil still works. I guess depending on the quality of the screen protector you might feel abit weird using the apple pencil.
- Answered by Pius G
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
The Apple pen works great with a many glass screen protectors although you want to avoid the thicker ones anything past 9H will render the apple pen less responsive and give it a gritty feel. Avoiding olephobic coatings is also reccomended. If your having difficulty using screen protectors try wi[ing the screen protector with oil removing wipes such as tea tree or glass cleaning wipes which will remove the oleophobic coating and make the apple pen more responsive and less gritty.
Hope this helps.
- Answered by Kathryn L
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
The people saying it will need to specify which "glass" protector they have because the one from amFilm, Model AM-IPADA-GLS specifically for the iPad Pro 9.7 renders the Apple Pen 80+% useless.
- Answered by Emmett P from Lookout Mountain
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Will a glass screen protector work with this case?
- Asked by Rob A from Red Deer
- Flag as inappropriate (Will a glass screen protector work with this case?)
- Asked about: iPhone SE Leather Case - (PRODUCT)R…
Is this compatible with an edge to edge glass screen protector?
- Asked by Rosalie B from Davao City
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this compatible with an edge to edge glass screen protector?)
- Asked about: iPhone 8 / 7 Leather Case - (PRODUC…