Can I use two of these lightning to USB3 Adaptors to connect my Camera and an external hard drive. Working with RAW files requires a lot of space.
If I use 2 of these lightning to USB 3 adaptors piggybacked/plugged into the other and then into the iPad, can I plug my camera into the first USB slot and an external hard drive into the other USB port on the second adaptor? will I be able to access the hard drive this way from my iPad in order to transfer photos to and from the hard drive to the iPad?
Willing to buy 2 of them if this works, or just a Lightning to USB adaptor.
1 Answer from the Community
You can't daisy chain adapters. Your device will only use the adapter that is plugged directly into your device. The second adapter will only pass power. The USB port on it will be inactive. You can, however connect a hub to the adapter and use more than one USB device. iOS does not yet allow you to transfer files or browse files on an external hard drive, so you won't be able to use your hard drive in this way. So far it only allows you to import photos or videos from external drives (that have a folder on it for photos that has been produced by a camera) or cameras.
- Answered by Dillon A from Cumberland
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can two users utilise this external hard drive at the same time, one via thunderbolt, and the other via the USB 3.0?
- Asked by Philip B from Mount Waverley
- Flag as inappropriate (Can two users utilise this external hard drive at the same time, one via thunderbolt, and the other via the USB 3.0?)
- Asked about: G-Technology 4TB G-Drive Desktop Ha…
Is there software for displaying histograms of raw files on the iPad? Can the iPad be used to control copy from camera to other hard driv
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there software for displaying histograms of raw files on the iPad? Can the iPad be used to control copy from camera to other hard driv)
- Asked about: Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit