When connected to an iPad is it possible to type using the keyboard without the pop up keyboard appearing?
When I connect the keyboard the pop up keyboard still appears on the screen and I was wondering if there was anyway to disable that happening?
2 Answers from the Community
You should be able to disable the on-screen keyboard in System Preferences -> Accessibility -> Keyboard
- Answered by Trevor E
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The onscreen keyboard is supposed to be hidden by default when the external keys are in use (happens like that on mine). If you hit the eject button the keyboard reappears.
- Answered by Jonathan B from Lancaster
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
will the iPad and keyboard sit in your lap for typing?
- Asked by Sandra W from Downingtown
- 25 May 2020
- Flag as inappropriate will the iPad and keyboard sit in your lap for typing?
Is it possible to connect a keyboard to the monitor hooked to the iphone so you can use the keyboard on the iphone?
With the keyboard attached, can you still call up the onscreen touch keyboard and type on that?
- Asked by Barry A from Bryn Mawr
- 21 Dec 2017
- Flag as inappropriate With the keyboard attached, can you still call up the onscreen touch keyboard and type on that?