Can I use one AirPod with iPhone while second with MacBook or Watch (iPhone and MacBook aren't in the same location)?
In other words can one set of AirPods be used by two people simultaneously? If yes, is it possible even in the same location or only when devices are not in each other range?
1 Answer from the Community
The airpods work in one of two ways mainly: either via standard bluetooth or through the advanced options with iCloud. The way they work with iCloud is it shares facts about that bluetooth connection/profile with the connected devices and that allows them to connect without pairing which would mean that if you have one airpod for instance playing audio and then try and connect the other one to say a non Apple device then you may be allowed to start the initial pairing but the airpods communicate with each other throughout the same profile and then in a combined fashion with the device sending the signal so since they are each one part of a two part connection it stands to reason that they will not support audio from two different sources at the same time, regardless of proximity.
- Answered by Shae' M from Muncie
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Are the AirPods compatible with macbook
- Asked by Manuel E from Weston
- Flag as inappropriate (Are the AirPods compatible with macbook)
- Asked about: iPhone
This may be an obvious question but is there an AC power port for recharging the battery itself ? Can it be left plugged into AC without risk of fire
- Asked by Robert M from Quakertown
- Flag as inappropriate (This may be an obvious question but is there an AC power port for recharging the battery itself ? Can it be left plugged into AC without risk of fire)
- Asked about: mophie powerstation XXL 20K Univers…
Will this charge my series 1 watch, my iphone X and airpods ?
- Asked by Ian L from St Austell
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this charge my series 1 watch, my iphone X and airpods ?)
- Asked about: Belkin Boost Up Wireless Charging P…