Might a future update to the AirPods allow them to provide "noise cancelling" capabilities? See description below for the logic behind my question.
The descriptive text states: "when you’re on a call or talking to Siri, an additional accelerometer works with beamforming microphones to filter out background noise...." Because of this statement, I'm hoping it can be changed for more "full time" use -- optionally, for when I'm flying -- I'd like to avoid needing to take a separate set of specialize headphones. I understand that this might not be possible -- because you'd probably then need a bigger battery OR you might be able to communicate with the iPhone to provide the actual noise cancelling -- you already have the microphones needed.....
2 Answers from the Community
Don't think AirPods will change its design to include noise cancelling.
But do checkout Apple's Beats line of headphones. They have W1 chip and do have offerings in different shapes and functionalities. If there is going to be a noise cancelling model, it is likely that they will be added under the Beats side of product line.
- Answered by William L
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The filter out background noise is for Siri understanding you.
- Answered by Kaveer G from Lafayette
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Are these noise canceling?
- Asked by Manjit S from Amritsar
- Flag as inappropriate (Are these noise canceling?)
- Asked about: Bose® SoundSport® Free Wireless Hea…
No answers yet
Does the MS Office Home & Student for Mac license include all future updates?
- Asked by Jeffrey Z from Crestview
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the MS Office Home & Student for Mac license include all future updates?)
- Asked about: Microsoft Office Home & Student 201…
Are these earbuds noise-cancelling?
- Asked by Maddie N from Central Point
- Flag as inappropriate (Are these earbuds noise-cancelling?)
- Asked about: i.am+ BUTTONS Bluetooth Wireless He…