Can I daisy chain two Thunderbolt displays to the MacBook Pro using the USB-C Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter? MBP->Adapter->TBD-(chain)->TBD?
Does the new USB-C (Thunderbolt 3) to Thunderbolt 2 adapter allow this chaining? My old MBP is connected to two Thunderbolt Displays in a daisy chain like this, and I want to continue the same approach
2 Answers from the Community
Confirming (I bought the adapter and tried it) this indeed works
- Answered by Richard J from Raleigh
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
You can connect two 27" Thunderbolt displays to a 15" MBP using this cable. MBP->Adapter->Display->Display.
- Answered by James D
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Will this work with a 16" MBP connected the computer port, and also power two monitors connected to the Thunderbolt 3 ports on the back of the dock?
- Asked by Meredith S from Kansas City
- 28 Jan 2020
- Flag as inappropriate Will this work with a 16" MBP connected the computer port, and also power two monitors connected to the Thunderbolt 3 ports on the back of the dock?
Can the Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet adapter be daisy-chained to a mac (e.g. via the LG UltraFine 4K Display that has two Thunderbolt-3 ports)?
Is the Blackmagic eGPU compatible with a 2012 MacBook Pro, using a thunderbolt 2 to thunderbolt 3 adapter?