Can you daisy chain thunderbolt 2 drives?
I have a drive with two ports that has another drive with two ports connected and that second drive again another drive. In short: daisy chained drives (one is used as Time Machine drive). All their own power brick). This works fine now, but will the adapter also allow this daisy chain? So one thunderbolt 2 drive will get the adapter and there it will have daisy chained Thunderbolt 2 drives.
Will this work as it works now?
2 Answers from the Community
i tried this with the new Macbook Pro15" w/ touch bar this weekend and 2x Drobo 5D's
Had to return it, going to buy a refurb 2015 Macbook Pro15 instead
- Answered by Matthew C from Toronto
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I don't have two Thunderbolt 2 devices, but I have used the following chain:
Startech Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter -> OWC Thunderbolt 2 dock -> Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter -> AKiTiO Thunder3 Duo Pro -> Startech Thunderbolt 3 to Dual DisplayPort adapter.
There is a positive review (dated Dec 2, 2016) in the Apple Store from a person using the Adapter with multiple Thunderbolt 2 drives and displays together.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
How many tiles can you daisy chain?
- Asked by John E from Mililani
- 16 Apr 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (How many tiles can you daisy chain?)
- Asked about: Nanoleaf Canvas Smarter Light Kit
Thunderbolt -> Firewire capacity?
- Asked by Calvin H from Glendale
- 1 Aug 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Thunderbolt -> Firewire capacity?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter
Can I use this to daisy chain Apple 27" Thunderbolt Display to a regular IPS HDMI monitor?
- Asked by Derek T from Santa Clara
- 9 May 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to daisy chain Apple 27" Thunderbolt Display to a regular IPS HDMI monitor?)
- Asked about: Belkin 4K Mini DisplayPort to HDMI …