On devices with both Lightning and 3.5 mm audio, Will it be possible to use both audio outputs simultaneously?
Will it be possible to use both the built-in 3.5 mm headphone jack AND the lightning to 3.5 mm headphone jack adapter simultaneously? I am thinking in terms of using this as an alternative to a headphone splitter. If this is possible, would you be able to independently control the volume of each output?
1 Answer from the Community
No, it does not appear so.
At least on an iPhone 5s with iOS 10.0.1, it only sends audio out to the headphone jack OR the Lightning-to-headphone adapter, whichever is plugged in last.
If you have both plugged in and remove one, it switches to the other for audio output.
Finally, if I boot the phone up with both plugged in, it seems to default to the Lightning-to-headphone adapter.
- Answered by Ronald M from Sacramento
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
How can I split IPhone 7 audio from HDMI Video output to a Lightning->3.5 audio adapter .
- Asked by Dan K from Naperville
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I split IPhone 7 audio from HDMI Video output to a Lightning->3.5 audio adapter .)
- Asked about: Lightning Digital AV Adapter
Does this dock provide a lossless audio output via the 3.5mm headphone jack & does it bypass the DAC in the iPhone?
- Asked by Joshua C
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this dock provide a lossless audio output via the 3.5mm headphone jack & does it bypass the DAC in the iPhone?)
- Asked about: iPhone Lightning Dock - White