Cables needed to migrate a mid 2010 iMac to new 2018 iMac?
I am assuming I will need to buy the Thunderbolt 3 cable when I purchase my new iMac. To migrate from my mid 2010 iMac to the new iMac, what else will be required? There is no Thunderbolt portal on my 2010 iMac.
- Asked by Rebecca L H from Plano
- Flag as inappropriate Cables needed to migrate a mid 2010 iMac to new 2018 iMac?
2 Answers from the Community
Thunderbolt 3 / USB-C cable and adapter options are quite complex and confusing. The simplest and cheapest option seems to be a USB-A to USB-C cable; Apple sells the Belkin USB-A to USB-C Cable.
- Answered by Marc S from Portola Valley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
done over bluetooth or wifi. no cable needed.
- Answered by Stuart B from Scarborough
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
How do I connect Thunderbolt 3/USB-C (2019 iMac) to Firewire 800 (2010 iMac)?
- Asked by Kevin G from Waldport
- 4 Apr 2020
- Flag as inappropriate How do I connect Thunderbolt 3/USB-C (2019 iMac) to Firewire 800 (2010 iMac)?
Will this cable enable you to use the Mid 2010 iMac with Mini Display Port as a display for the new MacBook Pro with Thunderbolt in clam shell mode?
Will it work with my mid 2010 Macbook
- Asked by Daniel X from Karrinyup
- 6 Apr 2020
- Flag as inappropriate Will it work with my mid 2010 Macbook