Can this pass Hi-Rez music Tidal or Quboz to portable DAC, since apple does not have Toslink option anymore ?
wondering if I can use this multiport USB-C from my MBP 2019 to a portable DAC to stream music specially HI-Rez music like Quboz or Tidal ?
1 Answer from the Community
I don't see why not. Even if you were playing massively high bitrate DSD files, you'd likely only be using like 1% of USB 3.1's bandwidth capacity.
- Answered by Rollin B from Glen Ellyn
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does the adapter have a DAC?
- Asked by Jeff K from Macomb
- 8 Sep 2016
- Flag as inappropriate Does the adapter have a DAC?
Does this adapter have an inbuilt DAC or is the phone doing the DAC on board.
- Asked by Richard B from Brunswick East
- 7 Sep 2016
- Flag as inappropriate Does this adapter have an inbuilt DAC or is the phone doing the DAC on board.