Which late 2013 Macbook Pro with Retina Display is good for a college student?
My current laptop has 455 GB and I only used 83gb after having this laptop for 5 years. It's hard for me to decide which macbook I should buy. I will be carrying it to school and really don't want to buy the original macbook pro since its heavy.
There are two models of the Macbook that I am interested in but having a hard time choosing the right one.
1. 13-inch: 2.4GHz with Retina display... It has 2.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i5, Turbo boost up to 2.9GHz, 4GB 1600 MHz memory, and 128GB PCIe-based flash storage.
2. 13-inch: 2.4GHz with Retina display... It has 2.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 2.9GHz, 8GB 1600MHz, memory, and 256GB PCIe-based flash storage.
I will be storing my music (2000+ songs). I will also use it for school work, storing several photos and the usual (having like 7 tabs open on the internet and 3+ programs open (word, internet and files). I won't be doing video editing or photo editing at all maybe once in a blue moon.
I also know that I can buy an external storage if I ever run out of memory.
Which Macbook is suitable for my needs?
- Asked by Kajol P from Montreal
4 Answers from the Community
The first one has enough storage and ram for you but ofcourse the second one is better since it has more storage and ram. It all depends on how much you want to spend.
- Answered by Cozy B from Montreal
Depends on how much $ are you willing to splash, the 128GB will probably do, but the 256GB will retain the value a bit better. The ram thing probably won't matter for you.
- Answered by Felix K from Sydney
2. 13-inch: 2.4GHz with Retina display... It has 2.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 2.9GHz, 8GB 1600MHz, memory, and 256GB PCIe-based flash storage
- Answered by Tilak M
I would go with the 8gb and 256gb fit sure. It is the better out of the two. I have the 2nd one, the retina MacBook Pro 256gb. I love it. Either one will be fine but since you haven't decided or wasn't sure which one I woukd go with #2.
- Answered by Sandra S from Mablevale