Similar questions from the community
Can the 4k Ultrafine ‘pivot’ ? i.e. can it be used in ‘Portrait’ mode ? does the stand support pivoting 90 degrees ?
I’m thinking of a 3 external display setup (4K & 5K LG Ultrafine) arranged as follows:
One 4k display in the centre (Pivoted to Portrait) with 5K’s (Landscape) on either side.
One 5k (landscape) in the centre with 4K’s (portrait) on either side
Thanks in advance
Can LG Ultrafine 4k Display be used with a MacBook Air from 2015?
I have a new LG 4k Display that works fine with my new (USB-C) MacBook Pro. But I'd like to use it with my former MacBook Air from 2015 as well (it only has a mini-display port - no USB-C). So, 2 questions: Can I use them together and if so, what is the adapter that will connect them? Thanks.
- Asked by Jan C from Southport
- Flag as inappropriate (Can LG Ultrafine 4k Display be used with a MacBook Air from 2015?)
Can two LG UltraFine 4k displays be connected to a MacBook Pro via the new Blackmagic eGPU?
I purchased the new Blackmagic eGPU which has two Thunderbolt 3 ports and one HDMI 2.0 port. One of the Thunderbolt 3 ports runs to my MacBook Pro, and the other Thunderbolt 3 port should be able to run to the LG display no problem.
Where the question lies is is it possible to connect a USB C display such as the LG UltraFine 4K to an HDMI 2.0 output using adapters or a USB-C to HDMI cable?
- Asked by Spencer G from Langley
- Flag as inappropriate (Can two LG UltraFine 4k displays be connected to a MacBook Pro via the new Blackmagic eGPU?)
Does the LG Ultrafine 4k Display work with a Mac Mini?
I just bought the LG Ultrafine 4k Display... And a brand new Mac Mini. I can't get them to work. Is it me? Or do they not work together?
- Asked by Jeanmarie B from Mill Valley
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the LG Ultrafine 4k Display work with a Mac Mini?)
Lg ultrafine 4K and a Mac Pro 2013 will work?
I buy it but the monitor is don't torn on, I have the thunderbolt 2 adaptor to USB c
- Asked by Iulius S from Prato
- Flag as inappropriate (Lg ultrafine 4K and a Mac Pro 2013 will work?)
Can you use Apple TV on LG UltraFine 4K Display ?
- Asked by Jayvon V from Las Vegas
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use Apple TV on LG UltraFine 4K Display ?)
Can you daisy chain this from the LG UltraFine 5K Display?
I already own this display (the LG UltraFine 4K) and I'm thinking of additionally purchasing the 5K display for use with my 2018 13" MacBook Pro with Touch Bar. Can the 4K display be connected to one of the output USB-C ports on the 5K display, thereby daisy-chaining it? I would prefer not to connect the two displays directly to my laptop, if possible.
- Asked by Jeremy F from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you daisy chain this from the LG UltraFine 5K Display?)
Is the 4k display configured with a built-in camera?
- Asked by Kurt B from Boulder
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the 4k display configured with a built-in camera?)
With the 4k display connected to a late 2016 Macbook Pro, can I close the lid of the Mac and use the display with an external keyboard and trackpad?
How do I wake the display from sleep mode?
My display is connected to my 2016 MacBook Pro. When I leave my workplace and then return, there's no way to turn on the external display. With my old Apple LED Cinema display I just had to hit a button on my (external) keyboard or click the mouse and the display would come on again. The only way to re-activate the LG display is by unplugging the connector. Is that intended? I don't think the connector is going to last very long that way!
- Asked by Timo K
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I wake the display from sleep mode?)
No answers yet
What is the highest framerate this display can run at?
What is the highest framerate this display can run at on 4K & 1080p with the maxed out 2016 MacBook Pro 13"?
- Asked by Logan G from Upland
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the highest framerate this display can run at?)